The advancements in the field of technology have changed the lives of humans. The invention of computers, phones, internet, smartphones, they just increased the pace of development a lot in the last decade. We are getting increasingly dependent on the technology. With the level of digitization of valuable data, it’s mining, storage, and analysis, technology is now involved deep in our lives. That being said, we have also exposed ourselves to a new kind of threat. The cybercrime. This undeniable threat has made us more vulnerable than we think because the value of data is far more than we realize.
Like all the systems, the Apple ecosystem claims to be very secure and protected. The iPhone, iPad, and Mac all run on the Apple built iOS. This ecosystem has been integrated with all the Apple devices by the company. Hence the data flows through all the devices. This has increased the vulnerability in a way, as breaching any node in the system can lead to the leaking of entire data from all the devices connected to it. Hence, it is imperative to take care of each device. The main forms of attacks come in the form of Trojan virus, Ransomware, Adware, etc. These are termed as ‘Malwares’, the programs which have the potential to infect the system. There are some great options available to protect your Mac from malware. One of the most reliable ones is to install Malwarebytes for Mac.
How To Use Malwarebytes:
Malwarebytes is an anti-virus program developed by the company of the same name. They claim to use several technologies to protect your machine from the infections of malware. They host web security features, to safeguard your browsing. It has inculcated the machine learning algorithms to detect potential threats and viruses. By using active behavioral modeling and payload analysis, it prevents the leveraging of infections. One of the main features of the Malwarebytes application is their big data implementation. Malwarebytes capture data from all its users (with their appropriate permission, of course) and uses it to upgrade its definitions of virus threats. This has enabled them to develop advanced techniques to prevent the cyber-attacks, which are then spread across their users, via timely updates.
How To Download Malwarebytes:
For the Apple’s OS X, the Malwarebytes has released the Anti – Malware software. It works on the principle of ‘Scan and Remediation’. To install Malwarebytes for Mac, follow these simple steps;
- You will first have to make sure, you have a reliable internet connection to your Mac, and ample storage to run this software.
- Once the first step is satisfied, download the software by navigating the Downloads tab on the official Malwarebytes website. You can also get the software files from other non reliable websites, but I would recommend the official site. Make sure you download the proper version of the product to match your OS version.
- You will get a .dmg file in the download. Find it and double-click on it.
- When that file opens up, you need to click on the Anti – Malware and drag it out to the Applications folder of Mac.
- The file will be copied to the new locations.
- Once the copying is done, click on the ‘File’ option from the menu.
- Find and choose the option to ‘Eject Anti – Malware for Mac’
- Once ejected, the Anti – Malware application can be launched from the Applications folder, and you are done with the process.
- Upon launching it for the first time, you will be asked to enter the admin password to grant the permissions of a privileged tool, which is required to solve the core adware issues.
There is a different version of the product and it is equally the same to install Malwarebytes for Mac, regardless of the product version. You get Malwarebytes for Windows and Android systems as well. You can get the Malwarebytes business versions like Endpoint protection and Incident Response type products. These products specialize in specific forms of security and protection, and you can install the different version as suitable to your system. Malwarebytes has even released technician versions, useful for flushing the infected systems.