With the growing advances in the world of technology, we see more and more people these days to cut their cords with the cable companies. This is quite obvious when you have got everything right at the reach of your hands. With the availability of smartphones, tablets, and PCs, streaming video has been a straightforward effortless task. The streaming TV world comes with a wide range of options without any shortage; it is luckily all because of big heads like Google, Apple, Amazon, Roku and more. Google Chromecast is my personal favorite, and it seems to have already impressed a lot of users with its 4K Ultra HD, and HDR intense quality outcomes held along with additional speed boosts. You can plug it right into your TV’s HDMI port, setup Chromecast and connect with the corresponding Android devices, iPhone, iPad, or laptops to access thousands of Cast-enabled apps.
Google Chromecast is known to be one of the easiest and best-designed streaming service available at present for its potential of supporting more than 200,000 TV shows, movies, radio, sports, 30 million songs, games and much more. Chromecast users can mirror websites right on their TV as well as mirror them on their smartphones as well. All these features make Google Chromecast as arguably as one of the best yet inexpensive streaming devices in the market. Setting up the Chromecast device is no big deal. If you are not aware of how to use Chromecast on your Android phones, iOS devices or PCs, you must continue reading for. I would have mentioned the stepwise details all through this piece of content.
How Do You Setup Chromecast?
Google Chromecast, since its launch in the year 2013 has become one of the most popular and economical TV streaming solutions, starting at the price of $35 which is certainly worth the number of services it offers!
Setting up your Chromecast does not just mean plugging the device into your TV or Android devices. There are a lot more about it; however, things aren’t complex, and you can do all of them yourself, provided you follow the steps carefully. Configuring this device is a simple and straightforward process, so there’s absolutely nothing to stress about!
Using the Chromecast Setup on Android, Windows, and iOS
If you are looking forward to using the Chromecast setup on your Android device, Windows, and Mac, you need to follow the steps that I have mentioned below:
- Step 1: At first, plug in the Chromecast into the HDMI port of your TV
- Step 2: Now, plug in the USB wire into a compatible port to power it on.
- Step 3: Next, you need to download the Google Home app from Google Play Store for Android devices and Windows devices. For iOS, download the Google Home app from the Apple AppStore. (However, if you are using the Chromecast with your PC, you can skip this step for you do not require downloading the Google Home app for that matter. This is because then you shall be able to access Chromecast just with the help of Google Chrome at google.com/chromecast/setup).
- Step 4: Now, visit the Google’s Chromecast website
- Step 5: Select Devices in Google Home from the upper right side
- Step 6: Click on “Set up” and then check the code on TV
- Step 7: The code showing on your TV must be the same as the one you see on the app. This will help you to ensure that you are connecting to the right Chromecast.
- Step 8: Now, select the name of your device
- Step 9: Next, connect the Chromecast to the Internet
- Step 10: Select the network and fetch the password from the mobile device
- Step 11: Now, sign in to your Google account
This is it and you are done! Now, you will be able to access all the information, shows and movies or everything that the internet has to provide on your TV itself.
Configure Chromecast using iPhone/iPad
The steps for iPhone and iPad are almost similar to that of the ones you would perform with an Android device. Still, I have listed them below:
- Step 1: At first, you need to download the Google Home app from the Apple Store on your iPad or iPhone whichever you are using.
- Step 2: Once, you have downloaded it, you need to open it and then go to the “Devices” section on the same page of Google Home app
- Step 3: Over there, tap on “Add New Device.”
- Step 4: To set up your device, you need to get back to the Google Home app again
- Step 5: After this, the procedure is similar to that as you were doing with your Android device. All that you would just need to do is to open the app and verify the code.
- Step 6: You will be asked to select your country, do it according to the country you are residing in.
- Step 7: Now, on the next screen that appears, you can now change the name of your device
- Step 8: After this, you need to connect Chromecast to your corresponding WiFi network.
- Step 9: Select the WiFi network to choose the name according to your desire. Google Home app won’t be able to fetch your wireless password as the Google Home app for iOS doesn’t have its option to do so.
- Step 10: You shall see the same code on your TV as you would see on your iPad or your iPhone. This step confirms that you have set the right Chromecast.
- Step 11: Now, sign in to your Google account.
- Step 12: Next, to start streaming your favorite TV shows or movies on your TV, click on the “Cast” button.
That’s it! Now you can start enjoying your favorite TV shows and movies. If you have followed the steps carefully without creating a fuss in between, you must be able to start accessing things all on your own, without having to worry about calling up a technician. Besides, the Chromecast customer support is always there to answer all of your queries.