Showbox is the magic box of entertainment that is hard to find over the web space. Websites like movies and various other streaming web pages did surface over the internet. These Netflix lookalikes saw their days numbered or they were forced to shift and be on the move to keep themselves from being killed off. So where can the user really turn to? The capture of Piratebay founders a few years back really cranked up the gears seeing the death of torrents on a temporary base. All these options, dying or getting legally blocked. This saw the tsunami of users being stricken by a blanket of concern and uncertainty as to what is next? Is this is where poor man’s entertainment comes to a close or youtube is the only thing users can turn to.
Well, Showbox says otherwise, is a streaming app that readily provides you with free movies, TV show and all kind of content in HD Quality. Now you don’t need shelling out money from your credit card for premium entertainment. Unlike all the other apps present in this genre. Showbox App is unique, not only does it provide you with the latest in trend content but it does that with no charge at all. This could be the reason it is not available on play store. Getting Showbox APK installed on your PC is little tricky but do not be afraid, we know the workarounds that can work in your favor and get you this magnificent anti-boredom BOX of fun and pleasure.
How to Download Showbox APK on PC?
First, the users of PC are required to get their hands on a handy application known as Bluestacks. Note, Bluestacks is an Android emulator that can turn your personal computer into an Android device. This app will also allow you to get your hands apps like Showbox by just following these simple steps. Bluestacks will work on Windows Operating system from 7,8,8.1,10 and even on an XP. You are required to have 4 GB of space empty on your hard drive, and your computer should at least meet the Minimum system requirement of 2 GB ram. The app should run fine on your device if these conditions met.
- Step 1: Firstly, you need to download Bluestacks and install it on your PC.
- Step 2: Next, download Showbox APK file and move it to the desktop.
- Step 3: Right-click on the desktop icon of Showbox APK and select open with “BlueStacks APK Handler.”
- Step 4: An app drawer window will pop out once Bluestacks is running.
- Step 5: Blue stack will lead to an APK file that you have to download
- Step 7: Select Yes when asked to install, the app will ask for few permissions when being installed on your computer, Just click yes or accept to all of those.
- Step 8: As soon as the download finishes, you would now have access to free movies and content with Showbox.
The installation process is intelligible and does not require a squeeze on your brainpower. Just follow the steps mentioned above you should be able to use the app. Just like that, you have your very own free version of Netflix at your disposal.
Method 2 – Using ARC Welder
If Bluestacks has failed you, don’t worry. There is always another method to get what you require. Just head over to Google and download Arc Welder. Arc welder was released by Google back in 2015 with the aim of facilitating users to download and run Android apps on Google Chrome. It is a basically a Google Chrome extension that you need to add to your chrome in order to further proceeding with the method. This app is the best and most uncomplicated medium that can without any hassle get you to the apps you are desperately scrawling the web space for.
Getting Arc Welder on your PC is simple, just punch the keywords in Google – Download ARC Welder.
- Step 1: Once you locate the page of ARC Welder, hit +ADD TO CHROME button.
- Step 2: Once the app gets successfully downloaded, Launch it.
- Step 3: Run the app and allocate a proper directory for the app to store its data
- Step 4: Next, download Showbox .APK file on your PC (or you can also use the apk file that you have downloaded above method)
- Step 5: Then, head over to the ARC Welder and there you would find Add APK option with a plus sign on an orange button right in front of it.
- Step 6: Click on that button and Add Showbox APK from there.
- Step 7: Locate the Showbox .apk file that you downloaded a while ago, and add it to here.
- Step 8: Once added Showbox APK is ready to be installed
Note: ArcWelder app allows you to run your installed APK files onto your system, you will still have to locate and download APK files from external sources.
If Google Chrome is giving you a hard time in getting the ArcWelder app, you can always resort to Bluestacks. Bluestacks can also lead you to the apps like ArcWelder and the rest use this when Chrome isn’t working out for you. When you run the ArcWelder app, you can enable/disable fullscreen mode from Factor section within the app.
Launching Showbox on your PC
- Step 1: Try running it from the Google app section, if some error comes up check your network connection.
- Step 2: If the app is not working, then head to Chrome > Newtab > Apps > Showbox
If in case you are coming across an error that says “WebGL is not supported.” Just follow the steps listed below.
Head over to Google Chrome > select Settings > Show Advanced Settings.
In the section locate and tick a box called Use Hardware Acceleration when available, after that head over to Chrome > flags. In this section, you need to enable Override software rendering list.
This should take care of the WebGL problem, to check whether it has been turned on or not, head over to Chrome > GPU section. If you can find WebGL: Hardware accelerated on the list, then it means that WebGL is turned on.
That’s all folks! We hope if once you get started with the methods mentioned above, you’ll be arguably ending up downloading Showbox in your PC. In case, if the first workaround doesn’t work for you, you always have an alternative option to opt for.