Apple ecosystem is one of the most widely used systems all over the world. Especially in European and American continents, Apple products have high usage. The systems designed by Apple, are sophisticated and elegant to use. Right from the days of its inception, Apple has maintained its quality. Several of their products like iPhone, iPad, Macintosh, and even iPods are connected in their ecosystem. Simplified collaboration across devices and seamless synchronization between the system apps and data, has made it favorable to others. With developing technology, Apple doesn’t fail to stay ahead in the race.
One of the most used applications developed by Apple, which is inculcated in all of its devices, is the iTunes. Simple in design and amazingly intuitive interface are showcase features of the app. iTunes can be shared across your iPhone, iPad, and iMac too. Apple has equipped iTunes with tonnes of features. It has lovely audio controls, simple player design, tabular list and playlist formats, and full-scale equalizer. But the main feature is the huge catalog of songs, hosted by Apple. To maintain the quality and legal authority of the content, Apple issues a monthly subscription fee for premium iTunes users.
Like any other app, iTunes is prone to frequent updates which cover a lot of issues and developments of the app. Here and easy guide for ‘How to update iTunes’.
How to Update iTunes for Windows, PC, and Mac OS:
Steps to Update iTunes for Mac:
- Open iTunes app on your Mac. You can search it in the search box, or find it in system apps.
- On the top bar, click on iTunes menu. A list will drop down.
- In this list, find the option ‘Check for updates’. Click on it.
- Make sure you are connected to the internet. The iTunes will then connect to the Apple servers and verify the latest version and installed version of iTunes. It will download and install the updates if needed.
Another way of updating iTunes is via App Store.
- Quit iTunes app, if open.
- Find the Mac App Store and open it.
- You will find a tab named ‘Update’ on the top bar of the application.
- It will check for updates on the server, for all the applications installed on your Mac. If it finds an update for iTunes, it will notify the same.
- The name will be followed by ‘Update’ or ‘Download’ button.
- Click the button to update your iTunes app.
Steps to Follow How to Update iTunes for Windows:
Apple has released iTunes for Windows and Android users as well, for those fond of Apple system. If you are thinking about how to update iTunes on Windows, don’t worry; follow these steps.
- If you have iTunes installed, open the app.
- You will find a menu bar on the top of iTunes window.
- Find the ‘Help’ tab in that menu bar.
- Click on the tab to reveal a drop-down menu.
- You will find an option named ‘Check for updates’ in that list.
- It will launch a small wizard to help you update your iTunes.
- Follow the prompt steps and you will have the latest version of iTunes running on your machine.
Easy Steps to Update iTunes for iPhone/iPad:
- Updating the iTunes app on your iPhone will require the latest version of iTunes running on your computer. So follow the above steps in the above list if you don’t know how to update iTunes on the computer.
- Connect your device to the host computer and run the latest version of iTunes on the computer.
- Once you connect your device, iTunes will detect your phone and you will see a list of connected devices in the app.
- Select your device from that list.
- In the menu, find ‘Summary’ and click on it.
- Select ‘Check for update’ on the list.
- Click ‘Download and update’ is update is available.
- You might be asked to enter your passcode, in case the connection isn’t secure.
- Your iTunes will be updated on iPhone.
iTunes application on Android will show updates in the Google play store’s ‘My apps’ section. Installing the latest updates has been made very easy by the company by pushing simplified OTA updates.